Visitors to Canada Travel Plans
We are pleased to introduce our new Immigrants and Visitors to Canada plan. This plan is available to new immigrants, visitors to Canada and foreign workers and offers a great mix of comprehensive coverage and outstanding value.
• Choose coverage of: $25,000, $50,000, $100,000, or $150,000 per person.
• Lower premiums with a $1,000 deductible.
• Option for a $500 or $100 deductible.
• Coverage up to 365 days for persons under age 55 and up to 180 days for applicants age 55-79.
• Simple application form (No medical questions for immigrants or visitors under 55.)
• Apply before or after arrival in Canada.
• Travel coverage for emergencies included for trips made in Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
• Extensions, upgrades and refunds available upon request.
• Assistance to help obtain treatment and coordinate care.
• Apply online.
• Direct payment to providers.
When eligible expenses are incurred due to a sudden or unexpected illness or Accidental bodily injury, Group Medical Services will cover the Reasonable and Customary charges for the following benefits, up to the sum insured less any deductibles, in excess of the amount permitted and/or paid by the government health insurance plan and/or any other insurance plans.
Hospital room and board charges, up to semi-private, unless specified by a Physician. If medically necessary, charges for intensive and coronary care units are included.
Treatment by a Physician or Surgeon.
X-rays and other diagnostic tests.
Use of an operating room, anesthesia, and surgical dressings.
Out-Patient emergency room charges.
Drugs and medication obtained on the prescription of a Physician, to a maximum of thirty day prescription.
Private Duty Nursing
Up to $5,000 per person.
Covers 100% of emergency transport to a hospital.
Up to $300 for the emergency services of an osteopath, physiotherapist, chiropractor, chirpodist, and/or podiatrist.
Up to $2,000 per injury
Up to $250 for the relief of dental pain
Return of Remains
Up to $3,000 for the preparation and transportation of the deceased to his/her province of residence.
Up to $2,000 for the cremation or burial at the place of death.
Up to $500 for licensed care if a dependant is travelling with you and you are hospitalized for 48 hours or more.
If coverage expires while hospitalized, coverage will continue for all covered persons up until 72 hours after discharge from the hospital.
Out of Pocket Expenses
Up to $150 per day up to a maximum of $1,000, for accommodations, meals, necessary telephone calls, and taxi or bus fares incurred by an accompanying family member in the event you are hospitalized on the scheduled date of your return to Canada.
If you are traveliing outside of Canada there is coverage for:
Escort of Insured Children
24 Hour Travel Assistance Services
Coordination of all medical care, transportation, and repatriation.
Telephone interpretation services in most languages.
Monitor progress during treatment and recovery by managed care.