By Grant Ostir
Even if you don’t consider yourself someone who leads a risky lifestyle, there’s a chance that experts might disagree.
If you rock climb, scuba dive, travel to dangerous places for work or even drive long distances (compared to the average person), you’re considered a higher-risk individual.
And with this lifestyle comes a unique set of risk management and insurance needs. Here are some tips to figure out what coverage you should consider.
Click here to read more
DID YOU KNOW?
- It has been estimated that about 1/3 of travelling Canadians leave the country with absolutely no medical coverage;
- This is dangerous in that statistics show that 21 % of travellers will require medical attention – 40% of these will not have coverage;
- Provincial health plans cover only about 9 % of out-of-country medical expenses;
- The average out-of-pocket cost per hospital stay in the U.S. is over $15,000 with some expenses being as high as $100,000 or more;
- Even travel in Canada can result in out-of- pocket costs for medical treatment due to the differences between provincial plans;
- Some countries (such as Cuba) and many cruise ships require proof of travel insurance. Read more
We are pleased to introduce our new Immigrants and Visitors to Canada plan. This plan is available to new immigrants, visitors to Canada and foreign workers and offers a great mix of comprehensive coverage and outstanding value.
• Choose coverage of: $25,000, $50,000, $100,000, or $150,000 per person.
• Lower premiums with a $1,000 deductible.
• Option for a $500 or $100 deductible.
• Coverage up to 365 days for persons under age 55 and up to 180 days for applicants age 55-79.
• Simple application form (No medical questions for immigrants or visitors under 55.)
• Apply before or after arrival in Canada.
• Travel coverage for emergencies included for trips made in Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
• Extensions, upgrades and refunds available upon request.
• Assistance to help obtain treatment and coordinate care.
• Apply online.
• Direct payment to providers. Read more
TravelStar® Travel Insurance
Emergency Medical Coverage with all the Extras!
Many Canadians still travel without emergency medical insurance, mistakenly believing the government covers everything. Unfortunately, many of the costs for medical care outside Canada far exceed what is covered by provincial government plans. The financial impact of just one incident without coverage could be catastrophic.
With Group Medical Services TravelStar®, we look after the medical emergency bills for you when you are traveling outside of your province of residence. Twenty-four hour emergency assistance is available to help you obtain medical treatment, coordinate medical care and transportation, verify coverage and provide support in areas of foreign language. Read more